Thursday 3 March 2016

THE FOUNDATION LINE UP


Until my spending ban, foundations were probably what I enjoyed buying the most make up wise.  Along with eye shadow palettes of course, and lipsticks, and brow pencils...you get the picture.  I've not bought any new base products in a while, which is actually killing me right now because I am desperate to try the latest offering from NARS!  The ones pictured here today are what I currently have in my collection, some have been repurchased a few times now and others are ones that I'm trying for the first time. 
I'll start with L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte and Estee Lauder Double Wear, which to me are both very similar to each other.  They have matte finishes, are full coverage and are really long lasting.  The L'Oreal one is the budget choice, and I find it really easy to blend and cover any uneven skin tone and blemishes.  Double Wear does the same, and I love the lightweight feel of it even though it is full coverage and looks like it's actually thick and cakey.  
Revlon Colorstay is along the same lines as the last two, although I have to say that I rarely use this as even though it is a really good match for my skin tone, I find it really hard to blend and feels like it is clogging my pores around my t zone.  If you want a base that's really long lasting then I'd go for this, but blend blend blend, and then blend again! 
Clinique Even Better foundation is my favourite base when I'm looking for a dewy finish.  It is super light, has medium buildable coverage and lasts well too.  
My most used base has to be Laura Mercier Silk Creme Photo Edition foundation, which just ticks all the boxes.  The coverage is medium buildable to full, the finish is velvety with a natural looking sheen and it just makes my skin look flawless even though it never actually is!  
One that I've been disappointed with is Maxfactor Miracle Match, because it had all the promise of being an excellent drug store find, but it turned out to be hard to blend and also a bad colour match.  A problem that I often find with drugstore foundations is that their lightest shade isn't light enough, and they are often yellow toned which is not very helpful if your skin is pink toned.  This one had yellow undertones, so even when I'd managed to blend it in it made my face a different shade to my neck so I had to remove it again!  
Last up is Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, which technically could come under the tinted moisturiser category but I find the coverage too good be just that.  I've pretty much used this up now, but I lived in it all summer last year because it was so lightweight yet still gave me the coverage I needed.  This one comes second only to Silk Creme for me, I'd definitely recommend giving it a go if you're looking for a light base that still gives some cover.  I really want to try the Luminous Moisture Tint next, so come spring I may have to treat myself!

Let me know which foundations are your favourites!  Do you like any of these? xx


SHARE:

5 comments:

  1. So sad that you have some issues with the Revlon foundation! I really like it and I don't have problems wih blending ! xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the L'oreal Infallible foundation! I have to check out your other recommendations!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Estée Lauder Double Wear :) I will definitely check out the Jouer as it's so hard to find light bases with a matte finish! I love the formula of the Revlon Colourstay but the shade selection is so bad - hopefully I can get a better match when I go to New York :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to pick up the loreal one, as I have the primer and I love it! I also love Rimmel for foundation x

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked up the Estee Lauder Double Wear last week and I am already in love! x

    Lauren | Dose of Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig