Tuesday 8 March 2016

BECCA | SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTER & JACLYN HILL CHAMPAGNE POP



I've already tried to justify why I bought these two products in a previous post - let's just say I was ill, I felt sorry for myself, the laptop was in front of me, and before I knew what I was really doing they were added to my basket and paid for...oopsy.  
It's best not to focus on the past, so with this in mind we shall move quickly past this blip in my spending ban (two MAC lipsticks are on their way to me as well, but it was Mother's Day and I feel like my dog Rocky would want me to treat myself on his behalf).

So: First up there is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter, £30 (top swatch), which I picked up in the shade Moonstone.  I have been using this under my foundation to boost my skin and give it a healthy looking glow.  I was a bit worried about using it at first, because illuminators and primers can be oily and sometimes break my skin out, but so far this one has been fine and has been a great match for my skin tone.  It manages to create a lit-from-within look and sits perfectly underneath my makeup, complimenting it rather than making it look unnatural or over the top.
The Jaclyn Hill highlighter, £30 in Champagne Pop has been talked about a hella lot in the blogging world lately, so naturally I had to see what all the fuss was about.  I love highlighters, and this one is no exception, it is by far the most intensely pigmented one I own and the texture is so buttery that it looks like it will smash to pieces if I nudge it.  I absolutely love the colour, you only need a tiny amount to cover both cheek bones - use too much and it does look ridiculous!  
I'm really happy with both of these products, I've been using them every day and my complexion does look much better - even if it is cheating!

Have you tried either of these products?xx 
SHARE:

6 comments:

  1. I didn't think that champagne pop would be good for my skin but, now I've seen it swatched, I feel as though the shimmering skin perfector might just be a perfect match. It'd be silly NOT to buy something so pretty...

    Sammy xo.

    www.littlefickle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Champagne Pop- it's my go-to highlight!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel as though this is another sign I really need to buy Champagne Pop - what a gorgeous highlighter!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the Becca skin perfecter- I need some glow in my life

    YIGE a blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Champagne Pop! I must admit I was a little underwhelmed by the liquid formula for the price but I really want more of the Pressed shades...xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Champagne Pop is something I definitely want to try, I just don't have £30 to spend on it at the moment haha

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig