Monday 4 April 2016

HIGH END & DRUGSTORE BEAUTY HAUL


After a small blogging break, I'm back with a good old haul.  I've definitely got to be stricter with myself in future though, and the main reason for stepping back from blogging and social media last week was because I was busy budgeting and trying to sort out money and savings etc with my boyfriend.  We have holidays etc to save for this year so I really need to have more self control when it comes to buying make up, and so this haul may well be the last for a while - sob.  

The bargain of the week goes to this beaut Make Up Revolution palette in Affirmation.  32 mainly nude shades for £8, and they are really good quality too!  I haven't tried many of the shades yet, but the few that I have are decently pigmented and have little fallout so that's good enough for me.  
I reviewed the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolors in my last post, but I picked up three shades in Superdrug on the 3 for 2 offer and I love them.  The are super cute, the colours are amazing and they feel like a much more expensive product than they are.
I was running low on my favourite Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, so I've repurchased it in the shade Cream Ivory which is a perfect match for my skin.  I always rave about this base so I won't go on about it again here, but it really is worth the money and if you want good coverage but a light formula, then this is definitely for you.  
I was also on the lookout for a new concealer, and after seeing so many good reviews of the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer I decided to give it a go myself.  So far I'm really impressed and it is pretty similar to my usual Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer, except I'd say this one is more light-reflecting which is definitely a good thing.  It does a good job of hiding my awful dark circles and is pretty good for blemishes too.  
Finally, I rarely go to Boots without picking up something from Barry M, and this time was no different.  I picked up one of the new Mani Mask nail polishes in the shade Birthday Suit, and a clear topcoat.  The Mani Mask polish is perfect for a natural french mani look, and it makes my nails look a lot better than they actually are somehow, so I've been wearing it everyday along with the topcoat for work.  

I love it when everything I buy turns out to be worth it, this is by far the best bunch of products that I've bought in a while!  
What have you been buying lately?  Do you have any of these products? xx

SHARE:

31 comments:

  1. I really want a Makeup Revolution palette!
    www.rumbii.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought they were discontinuing the Silk Creme foundation? Are they not?

    Kiran | www.alittlekiran.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the new style silk creme foundation, the formula is a little different to how it used to be but I prefer it now! xx

      Delete
  3. That Makeup Revolution palette looks really lovely. xx

    Ioanna | hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of the palette, such pretty colours!
    Maddy, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are all such pretty colours aren't they! xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely little haul - the makeup revolution palette looks like such good value for money!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is, I'll definitely be getting another! xx

      Delete
  6. I've been wanting to try the NARS concealer so bad! Great post xx
    Rae // http://www.raechic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, the coverage is so good! xx

      Delete
  7. I still want to try the Revlon lipcolours, they're such pretty colours. Heard amazing things about the Nars concealer too, really want to try it! x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely haul! x
    The Makeup Revolution palettes are such good value for money!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe the eyeshadow palette is only £8! x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely haul! The palette looks gorgeous :-) MUA do some wonderful beauty products :-)

    El xx

    www.elsfashionfix.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great take away.. Lovely palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is really helpful and worth reading, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’ve been following you for a while now and have always found your posts incredibly detailed and easy to read. Keep up the good share!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog posts are so easy to read, simple and clear, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post, I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing this, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good post. Can’t wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colours of that Make Up Revolution eyeshadow palette look pretty,
    as does that pink Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour.
    It is wonderful that you were able to find a perfect match for your skin in a Laura Mercer Silk Creme foundation. Fab makeup beauty haul!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig