Tuesday 23 June 2015

MAC VELVET TEDDY & ITS DUPES


We all know that MAC Velvet Teddy is the lipstick of the moment, thanks to Kylie Jenner and her perfect pout.  But nude lipsticks in general are all over the beauty counters lately, and I've found a few that come pretty close to the MAC favourite!



At £15.50 each, MAC lipsticks are definitely more at the higher end of the price scale, and I recently picked my Velvet Teddy up at duty free so got a nice couple of ££ off.  I'd like to say that I was somewhere hot and exotic at the time, but I was at Edinburgh airport (we actually had an amazing time, but the weather was lousy and it was hotter back home!).  
So anyway, the first dupe I've found is Maybelline Color Sensational in Velvet Beige, which as you can see from the swatch is a tiny bit lighter and it is also less matte.  
My favourite of the bunch, as you can see by how much I've already used, is Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection, which is very similar to the NARS lip pencils, but this colour is a gorgeous nude shade that looks almost identical to Velvet Teddy when on.  
NYX Mauve is a lip pencil that works primarily as a liner, but I find it works really well as a lipstick and the colour has been compared to MAC Whirl - which in turn is the perfect match with Velvet Teddy!  I think NYX Mauve works particularly well when worn underneath Topshop Saint -  which sounds odd but the two shades really compliment each other and the matte of the lip pencil is balanced out with the more sheer finish of Saint, and the result of the combination looks amazing.

I know that there are a lot more dupes for Velvet Teddy out there, so make sure you let me know what your favourites are!  Do you have any of these?  Or is the original your favourite? xx





SHARE:

17 comments:

  1. I'm totally obsessed with my MAC Velvet Teddy buttttt I also have the Maybelline pencil and it is IDENTICAL in colour!!! These are all great dupes Sarah, a really helpful post!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The NYX shade is such a good dupe! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of Nude Perfection, it's such a pretty colour!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Enter my £180+ Summer Giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely be checking these out; I've been wanting to pick up Velvet Teddy for a while but i'm unsure whether the shade will suit me, the drugstore offerings sound great!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Mac Velvet Teddy but struggle with it but I like the look of Maybelline Velvet Beige x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYX Mauve is so similar, amazing!

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like the Mac one may be a little too brown for me but I love the Maybelline Velvet Beige, it looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nude perfection looks lovely!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. the original is definitely my favourite, one of my favourite formulas of all time.

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did a similar post recently! So many dupes out ther, but love the look of the maybelline one! xx

    http://penniesforapound.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was never drawn to Velvet Teddy and I guess I'm too old to follow the crowd :) But I do have the Nude Perfection pencil and I like it :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have toyed with the idea so much of trying to get hold of Velvet Teddy but now I've read this i'm just gonna do the sensible thing and try out a dupe before i commit to the real thing - brill post :)

    Jade x
    Girl Up North | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I have Nude Perfection but the thing I don't like about it is that it's more on the brown side than Velvet Teddy. Maybelline Velvet Beige looks more like the tone of nude I'd love to wear. Will have a look in store. :) x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely LOVE the Maybelline lip pencils - Nude Perfection is my perfect shade of nude! I have one of their Colour Sensational lipsticks in Tantalizing Taupe, which I love too, so I might have to give Velvet Beige a go x

    Peppermint and Panda Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post and the time you have taken to find all these dupes!! So glad I found your blog!

    Sarah xx

    thingssarahloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog so much, hit that follow button as soon as I read 1 post! I hope mine is as good as this one day!!x http://lovetopazblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never tried velvet teddy but I know there is a lot of hype around it. makes me really want to try it<3

    CinderellaStandard.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig