Friday 5 June 2015

LIPSTICK | PRETTY PINKS


Another day, another lipstick post.  There's something quite nice though about photographing bright and colourful lipsticks as opposed to the more neutral ones, or is that just me?!  Summer is almost here and that means there is no excuse not to go all out and wear a bold and beautiful shade of pink on your lips, there's a shade for everyone - but obvs you wouldn't just stop at one!  

Hot summer evenings (fingers crossed for the uk) mean deeper darker shades - cue MAC All Fired Up.  It's a rich, cherry pink with mauve undertones and I love the matte, full finish.  This is perfect for wearing with floral prints I find, and looks good with simple, minimal eye make up.  
Tanya Burr lipgloss in Picnic in the Park is a girly, candy pink colour that looks really pretty and gives a soft but bright pop of colour which is super sleek and thankfully doesn't leave you with the dreaded sticky lips situation.  
Topshop Macaroon is a beautiful coral pink/orange shade with a matte finish and really impressive staying power.  The quality and finish of these lipsticks is really similar to MAC I find, only cheaper!  Macaroon is a more lighter shade than the others, but the colour is opaque and is ideal if you're not up for going full on barbie pink just yet.  
Maybelline Colour Drama lip pencil in I Love Coral is a colour that's along the same lines as Maaroon, only a bit brighter and a good choice if you want to build the colour up gradually and create a fuller shape.  These pencils are my holy grails these days, they are easy to use if you want to overline your lips just a tad, there's no bleeding out of colour at the edges (unlike with certain liquid lipsticks), and you can either apply a bold swipe of it or pat on a small amount and smudge it in with your fingers!
YSL Sheer Candy Volupte lipstick is the high end choice, this shade is 019 Exotic Pitaya, which is a vibrant and juicy pink.  The colour looks almost neon in the photo, but it applies very sheer - almost like a lip butter - and feels like lip balm.  It is incredibly moisturising, my lips feels so soft as soon as I apply it, and the finish is subtle and not dissimilar to the Revlon Lip Butter range.  This is the perfect product for any minimal make up look, or for lazy days where you just want a hint of colour to make your lips really pop. 

So there are a few of my favourite summery pink shades, there's one of every type thrown in there for day and for night!  What shades do you love for summer?  Have you tried any of these? xx


SHARE:

7 comments:

  1. These all look gorgeous, especically that MAC shade, I think I may have to add that to my shopping list; I've heard so many positive things about it!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually a bright pink lipstick kinda person but there's something that really appeals to me about MAC All Fired Up. It looks gorgeous!

    Amy | Lilac Lemon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't tried the Maybelline Lip Pencils, i need to pick some up! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of Topshop Macaroon! I really need to check out their lipsticks :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these shades are so beautiful. I love my YSL Sheer Candy lipsticks, they feel so lovely on the lips!

    The Beauty Collective

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any of these but I do love a bright lippie. My fav has to be Nars Red Square. x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love Tanya Burr's lipgloss in Picnic in the park its been my go to off late, great post.

    Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig