Tuesday 16 December 2014

REVIEW | BOBBI BROWN CREAMY CONCEALER KIT



A concealer review!  I'm quite surprised that I haven't reviewed more of them on this blog, since I rely on the stuff daily to cover up my dark (very dark) under eye circles and pesky spots.  As much as I hate to layer too many products on my face, I always use two different concealers for my eyes and spots, and they need different consistences and shades.  

After yet another of my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection concealers ran out, I decided to shop around and try something new - enter the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit!  I picked this up in John Lewis after being matched up on the make up counter.  I was instantly impressed with how the cream concealer covered the dark circles so thoroughly; it works well being gently patted onto the under eye area with your finger, as it is lighter than a brush and it is best to apply make up as lightly as possible on this delicate area.  The cream in the ivory shade looks dark, but applies much lighter and is yellow toned which counteracts the dark circles nicely.  The consistency is fairly thick but not gloopy, and it applies really easily and smoothly.  

The powder is lighter in colour and I sweep a light layer of this on using a bush.  Thankfully, unlike some powders this one does not sink in to any little lines and magnify them by about 1000%!  It sets the product in place and gives it a smooth, almost blurred effect - which I love!  My dark circles are completely covered, and for once my under eyes are the same colour as the ret of my face - yay!  At £24.50 it is definitely not cheap, and is much more than I would usually pay for a concealer, but I think this one has justified itself and has proved to be worth it.  

If you suffer with nasty under eye circles like I do then I would definitely recommend giving  this a try - it's a high end treat and one which I think is worth every penny. 

Have you tried the Bobbi Brown concealer?  What do you think of it? xx



SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. I always hear such good things about this! I'd love to give it a go, I never get enough sleep so look pretty terrible sometimes haha. Your lipstick is so pretty too! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that concealer sounds great. I was looking at it yesterday in Sephora but i opted for nars radiant creamy concealer.
    Liz
    50 shades of liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig