Saturday 13 December 2014

CURRENT FAVOURITES | BEAUTY #5


I don't think I've done a beauty favourites post in a little while, which is ridiculous because I have actually been loving a whole lot of make up recently.  As we are now well into winter, there is no better excuse to get the darker colours out and try some new bases etc, so the products I've picked today are ones that I have been doing just that with lately.  

First up, how could I not be loving the amazing  Anastasia Contour Kit?!  When it first arrived I was pretty scared at how dark those contour shades are, but the beauty of them is that they blend easily with any skin tone, so my ghostly complexion was fine with it and I don't look like I am wearing war paint (I think..).  The highlight shades are finely milled and work really well to counteract the contouring and accentuate the the shape of my face.  I have already posted a full review of this palette so this is all I will say here, other than that I 100% recommend it!  

Next up is my new holy grail brand for lips - Maybelline and their Color Drama lip pencils.  I have had a couple of Christmas parties and have been reaching for the classic red shade Light It Up.  It is a bold postbox red, and the pencil, matte form is great for creating a great shape that doesn't bleed out like some lipsticks do - woo!  

A new addition to my make up collection is the Bobbi Brown concealer duo, in the ivory shades.  I got matched up at the counter (I love sitting in those chairs having my make up done!) and it is working wonders at covering up my dark circles, which in winter seem to stand out even more than usual.  The darker shade is a creamy formula that you apply first; I just use my middle finger for this part as it is gentle and pats it on rather than drags it across.  Then I press a little of the powder on with a brush, and it holds in it place for the majority of the day.  I have only been using it for a couple of weeks, but I am really impressed with it so far.  

An old favourite I have just rediscovered my love for is YSL Touche Eclat, a cult beauty product that has it's celebrity status for good reason.  It is best used as a highlighting pen rather than a concealer, and it works really well to highlight all areas: I use it on my cupid's bow, on my brow bone and a tiny bit over my concealer under my eyes (only a tiny bit because otherwise it will just go cake).  

Finally, I have to thrown in a Barry M polish didn't I - and my colour of choice lately has been Blood Orange, which looks great with festive outfits despite the tropical sounding name!  

So there are the bits I am loving lately!  What are your beauty favourites this months?  Have you picked up anything new lately that you love? xx

SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. I have been using the anastasia contour kit ever since I got it a few months back, it is absolutely beautiful and one of the greatest products I own x
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that lip pencil! I've just been loving red lips and nails lately, so Christmassy! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I've been really wanting to try out those lip pencils! xx

    everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try that maybelline lip pencil but i haven't seen it in stores. I don't think its available in the u.s. :(
    Liz
    50 shades of liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig