Friday 3 January 2014

2014 | Ramblings & Resolutions

newyear
Well hello there!  I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas and overindulged as much as I did!  Definitely feeling a lot heavier now, so once the last remaining festive chocolates have been eaten I guess it’s time for the standard January detox…or should I say an attempt at it!
I see that I haven’t posted on here since November 27th, I had no idea that it had been so long, but December is one of the busiest months of the year for me.  The first week has my birthday in it, which is now a bittersweet occasion consisting of tears of despair at my age and tears of joy at any presents I get.  As soon as that week was over, it was back to work and if you have ever worked in food retail you will understand how hard it is over Christmas!  I work upstairs in an office now but I was downstairs helping out most days and it really is super stressful, so any spare time was spent laying around watching Christmas TV and eating Celebrations.  Enough of my pity party (it wasn’t that bad), I have really missed blogging and especially missed keeping up with all my favourites, so I’m really excited to get back into it and catch up! 
I thought I would start off with a few resolutions I have made, I don’t usually bother too much but I’m going to make a real effort this year.
 I want to get into more of a routine with blogging and post more often.  I’m pretty disorganised but being in an office has forced me to change so I’m going to make it happen with my blogging too.
  • My boyfriend and I are planning a few days away in February, hopefully to Edinburgh and the plan is to fly up there.  I have travelled a little before, I’ve been to quite a few lovely places in Europe…but each time I went I managed to avoid getting there by plane!  I’ve never flown before because I am massively afraid, and it really is time I got over it.  I have wanted to visit Edinburgh for a long time, so my boyfriend thought it would be a good time to fly as it would take less than an hour, so watch this space..!
  • I know that nearly everyone makes this resolution, but I want to eat healthier food and be more active…and stick to it!  I really love my junk food but my thighs are telling me it’s about time I started enjoying my 5 a day more, so as of Sunday the food shop will be a lot greener than usual! (gulp)
  • I want to be more careful with my money!  Ebay will be my friend this year, I must get better at selling things that I no longer want so that I can buy things that I do.
  • Similar to above, but I also want to give more to charity.  I have always given my old clothes away but I haven’t done so for a few months, it is an easy way to help good causes and while I’m in there giving things away it’s a good time to hunt for a few gems!
 There are loads more things I would love to achieve this year, but those are a few that stand out.  Let me know what you think, have you made any similar resolutions for this year?
Sarah x
SHARE:

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Sarah! I was wondering where you got to missus. Those are great resolutions, especially the flying one...I'm afraid too but honestly once you're up there it's not so bad, especially if you've got a book or a magazine or something. My big goal is also to be more careful with money, which will help me achieve other goals like learning to drive and going to Paris! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig