Wednesday 7 August 2013

My Favourite Nail Polishes

DSC_0339
Left to right: Rimmel 60 seconds in ‘sky high’, Rimmel Pro in ‘peppermint’, MUA polish in ‘koala bear’, Barry M Gelly in ‘blueberry’, Barry M Gelly in ‘grapefruit’, Essie polish in ‘fear & desire’, Barry M Gelly in ‘satsuma’ and Barry M Gelly in ‘passionfruit’
 
Hey!  So I think it’s pretty clear that I am a fan of the Barry M Gelly polishes..!  Four have made it to my favourites and that number will probably be even higher once I get my hands on some more from the collection!  So I have seen a fair few of these type of posts around lately and I thought I would throw in my own polishes to show you which ones I go back to over and over again. 
The first polish is a new addition to my collection in the form of Rimmel’s 60 Second colour in ‘sky high’.  Admittedly, when I bought this I didn’t expect it to come out quite as dark as it did, but I still really love it and wear it a helluva lot!  Second up is another Rimmel polish in the form of ‘peppermint’ from their Pro collection.  I love the large flat brushes that come with these polishes as it makes it so easy to cover your nail with colour in one swipe, I definitely think they are underrated.  This colour is a lovely minty green that I was obsessed with for a while, it’s a pastel shade that clearly means it is summer when you’ve got it on.  Then I have MUA’s ‘koala bear’ which is a light grey shade.  It takes around 2/3 coats to build up a solid block of colour but for £1 you can’t go wrong and I actually really like it and wear it a lot to work as it is pretty subtle.  Next up is my special favourite!  It’s Barry M Gelly nail paint in ‘blueberry’, and I cannot emphasise enough how much I love it!  The finish is a high shine glossy look that really does look professional, and this colour in particular is my favourite because it is so bright and candy-like.  The same goes for the other Barry M colours that have made it, ‘passionfruit’, ‘grapefruit’ and ‘satsuma’; they are gorgeously bright and bold and just make my nails look so much better!  They are my favourite brand by far right now and I cannot recommend them enough!  Finally there is my bargain Essie buy in ‘fear & desire’ which I picked up for £1.99 on FragranceDirect.com.  I love the tangerine orange shade that this is, it makes my (fake) tan look pretty good and it is more matte than the other polishes I have so I like having one that has a slightly different finish.
 
I was in fact wearing one of my trusty Barry M’s today, only to glumly realise that I was working today and that it would have to be removed (I try and leave it on if it’s a subtle colour because it goes unnoticed but neon pink doesn’t tend to blend in to the background does it), so I hurriedly got it off but because I was rushing nail polish remover went EVERYWHERE and the smell was just awful and it was like a little nail-related crime scene really.  No amount of hand washing got rid of that smell and a bath and a shower later I sit here typing whilst still giving off faint nail polish remover fumes every now and again. 
What are your favourite nail polishes right now?xx
SHARE:

3 comments:

  1. That Essie polish is so pretty :D
    I am quite tempted to make a Fragrance Direct order myself and get one. Haha.

    Rimmel Sky high is definitely screaming at me though, I do love blue shades :D
    Great Post ^_^

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Barry M gelly shines, they're great quality.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The corals from Barry M.. so pretty, I want them all! :)
    fusels
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig