Friday 30 October 2015

MY CURRENT GO-TO BASE PRODUCTS


One thing that I am always on the lookout for is a new base product.  I have so many foundations yet I still buy another if it takes my fancy.  The same goes for blushers and bronzers - I have a lot that all look similar, but if another catches my eye in Boots then I have to have it!  
Over the summer I was embracing the light, dewy skin look, but now Autumn is well and truly here I have been after a bit more coverage and a flawless, more matte finish.  This is wear Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation steps it.  I bought it recently after previously loving their Camouflage version, which was very full coverage and a lot thicker in consistency.  These days, I'm fortunate that my skin hardly ever breaks out bad enough to need a base with thick coverage, however Double Wear is lightweight to apply yet still gives enough cover to smooth over my troublesome pores and my uneven (aka red) skin tone.  
I sweep a little Rimmel Stay Matte powder over my t zone to mattify and set it, as that is where my skin is oiliest and most likely to run during the day.  Stay Matte has to be one of my holy grail drugstore products, it's as effective as any of its more expensive counterparts and it lasts for ages.
I'm 100% sure I'm not the only one absolutely loving the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette!  I am using this so often that I'm actually a little panicky about using it up, it is without doubt the perfect bronze and highlighting duo - I especially love how the bronze shade looks so natural on my skin, something I struggle to find with other contouring products.  I use the bronze to contour my cheekbones and the highlight on the apples of my cheeks and down my nose and chin.  
At night, I add a couple of drops of the Clarins Radiance Plus Golden Glow Booster to my night cream, so that I wake up with a little natural looking colour.  This product is perfect for adding a small, subtle bit of tan to your face - especially in autumn/winter when the sun is pretty hard to come by!  

What products have you been using to create your perfect base lately?  Do you like any of these products? xx

SHARE:

9 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with the bronze & glow! One of my favorite face products ever. Products I've been using to create my perfect base is the cover fx matte translucent powder, it's amazing.

    Kelly // Perfect Shade of Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronze and Glow looks gorgeous and even though I can't afford it, one day I hope to be able to see why everyone finds it so amazing!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stay Matte and of course the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow. L'Oreal True Match is my go-to foundation at the moment!
    Laura x FloraLooTwo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay Matte powder is one of the best in my opinion - I love it!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Double Wear is on my list to try! I love Stay Matte, especially as my nose gets a little shiny throughout the day xx

    Everything But The Kitchen Sink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to dig my Stay Matte powder back out - it's such an old favourite! I love Double Wear this time of year too :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks fabulous! sometimes its really better to pay a little bit more :) xx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my stay matte powder, wear it everyday & can never go without it! The bronze & glow also looks so great! xx

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig