Monday 12 January 2015

CURRENT BEAUTY FAVOURITES | #6


I have to say that just lately I have been really happy with my make up products - usually there is always something that I'm not quite satisfied with or I've seen something new that I think will be better than what I've got already.  This is turn has made it easier slightly on my bank balance, especially since Christmas!  

My go-to foundation lately has been Benefit Hello Flawless, which is oil free, has SPF 25 and comes in a shade light enough for my skin.  It has medium to buildable coverage and has a dewy finish, which for oil free is a good result.  SPF is a bonus, however I have to remember not to wear this if I am taking photos etc - otherwise it causes major ghost face! 

Under my eyes I've been using the Clinique Superdefence SPF 20 eye cream, which I've mentioned in a previous post.  It adds extra protection from sun damage etc to under the eyes, which is the most delicate and vulnerable area of your face in terms of  being sensitive and in danger of premature lines.  It soaks in easily and quickly, so I only wait less than a minute before applying the rest of my make up.  

A new addition to my routine is the Bourjois Java Rice Powder, which I've been using to set my base.  It is really light and finely milled, and adds a nice touch of natural looking glimmer to my face.  It has been said that this is a drugstore dupe for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, but as I haven't used that before then I can't really say if I agree or not! 

MAC Phloof! is an eyeshadow that I love to use in the inner corners of my eyes to create the illusion that they are bigger and brighter.  It is the ideal shade to use for highlighting, I also use it on my brow bone and sometimes in my cupid's bow - it really is a multi tasking shade that I always find myself reaching for.  

My last post was dedicated to this, but the Tom Ford lipstick in Spanish Pink will probably remain a firm favourite until I've used it all up!  I love the peach toned nude shade, I've pretty much worn it every day since I got my hands on it and the quality of it justifies the hefty price tag - just about! 

I'm forever banging on about my love for my Zoeva Rose Gold brushes, but it's because they are just so damn good!  The brush quality is excellent, and the fact that they look amazing is a really nice bonus.  

My holy grail mascara will forever be MaxFactor False Lash Effect, if you want volume as well as length then this is definitely the mascara for you.  I have the waterproof version at the moment because I find that it holds a curl better, but it is obviously a little trickier to remove than the non waterproof version.  

Fudge Urban Iced Raspberry and Vanilla Hair Spray smells as good as it sounds; it is my new favourite hair product by far, it holds my hair in place for hours and it smells good enough to eat - and all for only £4.99!  

There are my current beauty favourites, it was quite hard this time to narrow it down to these few products but each of them have really earned their place.  What have you been loving lately?  Do you like any of these products? xx 



SHARE:

12 comments:

  1. I really love the Benefit oxygen wow foundation and I'll be going back to it after I use up my current Bourjois one, nothing matches my skin tone as well as it does! I'm really interested in the sounds of both the raspberry and vanilla hairspray & the Bourjois Java rice powder - if only for how nice the packaging is in your photo. Great post!

    Sara | www.simplysara.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab picks, I'm obsessed with Zoeva Brushes as the quality is amazing for the price :) I have the Benefit foundation but just haven't got round to using it yet, will deffo give this a shot :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Bourjois powder, the scent is gorgeous too! The foundation sounds good, I always find it hard getting ones to match my pale self! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! It's so nicely put together and everything you blog about I love!

    Check out my blog if you want! http://classycassieus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great favourites - I really wanna try the Bourjois powder! And the Fudge hairspray sounds delicious hehe :)

    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fudge hairspray sounds absolutely delicious, definitely adding you to my bookmarks NOW haha, I am after zoeva brushes as they are incredible and benefit foundation and powder is the best! xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of the hairspray! I bet that is a gorgeous smell! I need to pick up a new one so this will definitely be one I check out.

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Max Factor mascara and I love my Tom Ford lipsticks I got recently!

    Alicia | LissyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been hearing more and more about that Bourjois powder but don't think I've ever come across it! Recently ordered the Zoeva Rose Gold set - so excited for it to arrive :D xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my days I really want the Benefit Hello Flawless foundation! My grandparents and I have scheduled to go shopping to a nearby department store three times now and each time we have had to reschedule for whatever reason which means I haven't been able to test out the colours for myself!
    I'm also looking to expand my brush collection and I have heard so many great things about Zoeva brushes - I really need to check them out!
    - Taisie ♥ | Life by Taisie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Tom Ford lipstick looks incredible!!! I really want that, also want that Zoeva brush because i've heard so much about them!

    Lots of Love,

    What Abby Loves

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to swear by Hello Flawless, but I've changed to Rimmel's Infallible HD which I prefer - and it's 1/3 of the price! I found a tube of MaxFactor False Lash Effect in the bottom of one of my drawers, which was lucky as I really love it - I wear it under Benefit's They're Real for bonus volume! Need to get my hands on a Tom Ford lippy and some of those Zoeva brushes, I've heard so many good things x

    www.peppermintandpandaeyes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig