Friday 11 July 2014

SUMMER MAKE UP | SORTED



Hey!  Today I have picked a few of my favourite make up bits that I use to create my perfect summer look.  As a pale faced girl, I always need that extra bit of help to make my face look tanned; I am too pale to tan naturally and faking it is just the safest way to guarantee a healthy bronzed glow.  

I start Operation Tan at night, where I apply Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster - I reviewed this product in full here - mixed in with my night cream of choice.  You can also mix it with  your daytime moisturiser, but after experimenting with it I find that leaving it to do its thing over night leave you with a ready made subtle tan in the morning.  I find that two drops is fine for me, however it's up to you how much you want to use.  

When that stage is done then, I move on to a tinted moisturiser.  I have being trying lately to ween myself off foundation as it can be a little to heavy on my oily skin in summer, and lately I have been reaching for Origins Vitazing SPF 15 Sheer Tint.  This is so light on the skin, and being Origins you can be certain that no nasty skin clogging ingredients have been added!  It comes out looking like a regular white coloured moisturiser, and changes as soon as you blend it in.  I have a sample size of it right now, but I would definitely buy this again for days wear I just want a light but sheer base.  After this, I use Benefit Hoola to contour my face.  I use it to carve out some cheekbones and add some more colour; I highly recommend Hoola if you are pale like me, the colour is soft but buildable and it's also matte!  Next comes another of my Benefit favourites - Cha Cha Tint.  It is a cheek and lip stain in a gorgeous shade of coral/orange, and I apply it to my finger and then sweep across my cheeks.  I apply it to my finger because it stains very quickly, so brushing it straight onto your cheeks is a no no unless you want brush strokes on your face all day!  It gives you a bright pop of colour that lasts all day, and the shade looks perfect with a tan and bright lips.  Eye shadow I find is best kept subtle and natural if you are going for a summery look - I tend to go all out with bright lipstick in warmer times so lately my Too Faced Natural Eyes palette has been perfect for creating a nude barely-there look.  Opting for bronze brown shades also compliment a tan nicely, especially when used in the crease of you eyelids, and underneath your bottom lash line.  Rimmel Stay Matte powder is what I use to sweep over my face to keep it from getting the dreaded shine, never a good look whatever the time of year!  

Last but not least - lips!  Here I have picked two of my favourite summer shades - Topshop Ooh la la and MAC Impassioned, both are beautifully bright shades that I love to wear throughout the long and (hopefully) hot days.  

So there we are, my picks for a great summer look!  I left out mascara as it's a general staple rather than a summer addition, just in case anyone thought I let my lashes go naked!  

What products do you reach for in the summer? xx


SHARE:

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Topshop lipstick! Perfect shade for summer :) I always reach for a BB cream for summer, just the right amount of coverage! xx

    everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That MAC lipcolor looks amazing! Can you post a swatch picture?
    - Ana Luiza
    evergreenevergrey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig