Tuesday 10 September 2013

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation | First Impressions

DSC_0295
 
Hey!  So today’s post is just my thoughts on my latest foundation, Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation.  I have only had it since Friday, but as I have used so so many foundations before, I can usually tell after the first couple of uses whether I really like one or not so I thought I would give my humble opinion on it so far.
Well, I have to say that so far I am not at all disappointed!  I was persuaded to try this particular base because of the range of shades they do, and I have hardly ever found a colour to really match my pale, pink toned skin.  I find that many bases, especially drugstore ones, have more yellow undertones that just do not look right on me and even the lightest shades are too dark, so I was interested to try out Illamasqua, whose shades start from white!  I decided to get the next shade up which is 02, an ivory shade with pink undertones.  I have to admit, when I first starting applying it, it shocked me a little to see how pale it was since I’m so used to having darker ones!  But it turns out that it was actually a perfect match for me, which took a bit of getting used to but I’m really impressed at how it blends so seamlessly with my own skin.  The consistency is creamy without being thick, and I only need a small pea-sized amount to cover my face.  The foundation it medium buildable to full in my opinion, which is perfect for me as I do love my coverage!  The staying power seems to be pretty impressive too, I wore it for around 7/8 hours one day before having to touch it up.  I would vaguely compare it to my special favourite, Estee Lauder Double Wear, because the matte finish is similar and the coverage is too.  I will definitely carry on using it and so far I am loving it, the only downside is that you get a pretty small bottle which is a bit of a let down when you spend £27 on it! 
 
I am really loving this product so far, have you tried it? xx
Untitled
SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. This is what they used when I did that catwalk thing, I love it! Shame it's so pricey :'(((((( xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I saw! When I see that it's used at events like that I feel a little better about the price (but not much) xx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig