Well I've gone a bit quiet on the blog front for the last week or so, for no reason other than life keeps getting in the way and sometimes I've just not been in the zone!
So today I thought I'd do a bit of a different, fun kind of post about the little life crisis that seems to hit when you reach the ripe old age of 25! Let me know if you can relate to any of it!
1. Realising that life isn't all like a filtered Instagram photo. Yes that restaurant we ate in was delicious and looked great with a nice filter on it, but what wasn't photographed was the previous hour when we were picking through our vouchers and discount codes. Plus the unnecessary, calorie laden side dishes were conveniently cropped out.
2. Money suddenly doesn't last very long. Annoying things like bills come along and ruin your planned Boots spree; and sometimes you find yourself suddenly cross and ranting about what your taxes are paying for.
3. You discover a whole new world of beauty products. If you make it to the Boots spree I mentioned, then you may find yourself wandering down the skincare aisles and casually picking up products with the words 'anti-aging' on them. Then comes the 'do I really need this already? I'm only 25. I'm 25, of course I need it. Right?'
4. TV dramas become something to look forward to. Which in turn prompts you to re-assess life and start frantically planning a night out. Do you know who killed Lucy Beale? No, me neither. Nope. Definitely did not tweet a running commentary of Eastenders last week either.
5. Homeware hauls are as much of a thrill (or even more) as a clothes/make up haul. Ikea vs Topshop is a very serious and difficult decision to make.
6. If you're single, you think everyone is already getting engaged and/or having kids. If you're married with/without kids, you think everyone else is single and out all night every night partying.
Can you relate to any of these things?! Obviously, if you're younger than 25 do not let this worry you, being 25 is great, it's not old and I'm always a believer of the saying 'you're as old as you feel' - which would make me around 17 ha! xx