Monday 2 February 2015

JANUARY CATCH UP


I thought I might start a new kind of post, where I catch up on the month just gone or go over some things I've enjoyed recently - just to mix things up on here a bit ya know.  
January is a bit of a miserable month, this one has been horribly cold and wet (snowy if you're up north apparently) so like most I've been on a bit of a downer and dreaming of sunnier, warmer times.  Never mind though, here are a few things that I have been enjoying this month!

What I've been reading:
Long time readers of this blog may have picked up on the fact that I like my history.  Specifically, the Plantagenets and the Tudors.  Since getting a Kindle Fire for Christmas, I've been able to enjoy my favourite books on the go and currently I'm reading The Cousins' War series by Phillipa Gregory.  If you're not into historical fiction then don't bother with these, but so far I've read The White Queen and The Red Queen and have loved them both.  History of that period can be quick to focus on the infamous kings and battles, so it's interesting to read more about the queens of that time too, even though it's in an obviously exaggerated and romanticised form!   

What I've been watching:
I've just downloaded American Horror Story: Freak Show from Amazon Instant Video, and I'm already as addicted to it as I was its predecessors!  If you don't mind a bit of gore, and a bit of Evan Peters (who wouldn't?) then definitely give this a watch, and the other series of it too!  

Blogs I've been loving:
I've recently discovered a lovely blog called Thunderl0ve, written by the lovely Natalie.  If you love beautiful photography and interesting, honest posts then check her out!  Another favourite blogger of mine, Helen at The Lovecats Inc. has come up with a really clever idea of creating an Instagram account dedicated to quick beauty reviews.  You can follow her new account at @thequickbeautyreview

Music I've been listening to:
I'm thinking of doing a separate playlist type post, as I love music and enjoy discovering new bands and remembering old favourites.  This month I've been listening to Marilyn Manson's new album, The Pale Emperor - an acquired taste but his music now definitely isn't as controversial as it once was (sob).  I've also been loving Hozier, Take Me To Church has been stuck in my head for weeks now!  

Everything else I've been loving:
I've quite enjoyed looking through the sales this year, I found more bargains than I thought I would and it didn't seem to just be reaaaaally old stock either so that was a bonus!  I've been really loving New Look's collection too, I've found so many lovely bits in there lately - and it's a shop that I can go for months without liking very much in there at all.  I've also discovered Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, I got a set for Christmas and it was love at first use - if you haven't tried their hot cloth cleanser then you should give it a go, it's at the higher end of the scale but it's so worth it and I'll definitely be buying this myself once I run out.  
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig