Wednesday 16 October 2013

Review | Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in ‘Pomegranite’

DSC_0457
DSC_0459
Ah, the much loved Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoos!  I resisted buying these for a very long time, the colours tempted me a lot but I was worried that I would get the dreaded crease in the eyelid after wearing this for a short while.  I struggle to keep the crease line away even if I use a good eye primer, and cream eye shadows are notorious for making it worse than regular powder eye shadows do. 
Inevitably, I ended up buying a couple of these beauts, the one seen here is Pomegranite and the other that I haven’t got round to trying properly yet is Permanent Taupe.  This one is a gorgeous deep berry shade that is perfect for the autumn/winter season.  It is quite a festive colour that won’t look too out place at upcoming Christmas parties,  and the best bit is that it is perfect for bringing out the colour of your eyes.  I can’t comment on green or brown eyes unfortunately, but I have blue eyes and I usually find myself sticking to neutral/bronze/copper shades that bring out the tone of them.  However I noticed straight away that this berry shade really made my eyes pop, and not even in a scary, psycho way that I have sadly experienced before!  I did try and take a few photos to back me up on this, but I am currently in the grip of my first cold of the autumn season, so needless to say, I do not look entirely healthy right now (HELLO darker circles than normal and a traffic-light-red nose).  I will do a Face of the Day post later in the week hopefully when I look a bit more human and will feature the eye shadow in it. 
Another good thing I have found with this product is that if I apply it gently with my fingers, I can control whether I want a subtle layer of colour or if I want a bold, deep look instead. 
Have you tried any of the Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoos?  What do you think of this shade? xx
Untitled
SHARE:

6 comments:

  1. I bought this a while ago but haven't worn it out properly yet, only tried it on in the comfort of my own home. This has made we want to dig it out and give it another whirl, especially because I have blue eyes too! Bethan x

    bethangrace95.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these before but I love this shade! Can't wait to see it in a FOTD, I haven't seen anyone post pics actually wearing it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to try this shade, they're always so handy to have:-)

    great post,
    zofia xo
    (http://littlemisspradaxo.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried these yet, but I do love the look of this shade - looking forward to your FOTD! I totally sympathise with the Rudolph look, I'm looking just as hot atm - hope you feel better soon :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any of the colour tattoo's yet but this looks really nice!

    I love your photography by the way, lovely pictures!

    Emma | Dollfaceblogs xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Maybelline Colour Tattoo range has always tempted me. This is a beautiful shade for Autumn. Would love to see some swatches once you get better!!! Drink lots of green tea ;) haha, that's what I do when I'm sick.

    Beauty from the Fjord xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig