Saturday 16 May 2015

THE BEST OF SUMMER PINKS & ORANGES


I love a nude lip and smokey as much as the next person, but there's no denying that spring and summer is the perfect time to go bright and wear lots of orange and pink shades!  I've always said that corals are my favourite shades to wear, but so far this year I've found myself going for all kinds of brights, from dark orange to pale barbie pink.  

I've picked out a mixture of my favourite drugstore and high end bits that I've been wearing lately, and I'm always on the look out for more (of course) so be sure to let me know what bright and bold products you're loving too!

My new favourite blush is this beautiful two tone bargain from Essence in the shade Heat Wave.  At only £3.50 from my local Wilkos I couldn't not pick it up, and I've been wearing it pretty much non stop.  It leaves a subtle flush on the cheeks and can be built up more if you fancy making it stand out a bit more.  

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter in Rose Shimmer is another favourite right now, the one I have is a small size that came as part of a bigger set and it has a soft applicator that means the product is applied evenly without a big gloop coming out all at once.  I love the soft yet glossy pink, it goes perfectly with the Essence blush and on top of that it is super moisturising and lasts really well too.

I had to include a nail polish, and obviously it is my favourite brand - Barry M!  I love wearing the shade Rose Hip from the Gelly range, which is a really pale, almost-white pink.  This looks seriously good with a tan (real or fake!) and has a super glossy finish too. 

MAC All Fired Up is a deep plummy pink that is a new addition to my collection, but one that I can't wait to get lots of wear out of.  I think that it will be perfect for summer nights, and I know that it will compliment my favourite blue kimono too, which I throw on over nearly all of my summer dresses!  Is it sad that I've matched a lipstick to my kimono?!

Last up is one of the brilliant Maybelline Color Drama lip pencils in the shade Fab Orange, which is a bright tangerine colour that applies so easily and lasts for hours without budging. The pencil style makes it easy to apply bright colours like this too, sometimes in lipstick form they can bleed out onto the skin and as someone who is super pale that is a nightmare!  

Do you like any of these products?  Let me know your favourites! xx


SHARE:

11 comments:

  1. These are all gorgeous shades! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That MAC lipstick looks like such a gorgeous shade, perfect for spring/summer!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the pink version of the Essence blush and I love it! x
    http://www.coleoftheball.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how affordable that blush is - gorgeous! Love the look of the Clarins too :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose hip is one of my fave polishes for spring/summer! Love the look of that MAC lipstick too - gorgeous shade!

    Beth x
    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Essence blush and love it, its perfect for summer x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of the Maybelline pencil! I have the berry colour in this line so maybe this one will be great for summer! xx

    http://penniesforapound.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all look incredible, I will definitely have to check a few of these out for myself! That MAC lipstick looks especially beautiful!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. all fired up is on my list, i actually thought it was relentlessly red for a minute! that's a definite favourite of mine.

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig